Sunday, April 27, 2014
President Wrong Metaphor
So our "literary" president thinks racism occasionally "percolates up", does he? It's down there in the murk, you see, sometimes rising (accompanied by the Jaws theme, no doubt) to break the placid surface. But, how does the mass dissemenation of a private, illegally recorded conversation constitute percolation? Isn't more like an aggressive drilling down to find "racism"? And why is there, apparently, no faction out there in favor of privacy? Why is there no respectability allotted the argument that one's private life should remain private, even when dealing with the tender sensibilities of black Americans and liberals?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sanity Fair
"Antifascist" demonstration Portland, Oregon. August 17, 2019. The two sides squared off across a field, defined by police cord...
-
I was gambling in Havana, I took a little risk Send lawyers, guns and money Dad, get me out of this —Warren Zevon, Lawyers, Guns, and Money ...
-
Abraham Lincoln once said that "If you're a racist, I will attack you with the North," and these are the principles I carry wi...
-
Re-posted with Oscar night open thread in comments below! Good news and bad. Our associates from the Storyboard blog have brought over three...
No comments:
Post a Comment