"Your Guide to the Idiom of Mass Delusion."
Political Terminology
speaker: "We don't have the votes."
definition: "We don't want the votes."
alternatively: "Thank God we don't have the votes."
sometimes, implied: "Careful, or we may find we have the votes."
Cultural Terms
Liberal, n.
One who suffers from the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happier than someone else (alternatively, more capable than someone else; also more worthy than someone else)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sanity Fair
"Antifascist" demonstration Portland, Oregon. August 17, 2019. The two sides squared off across a field, defined by police cord...
-
I was gambling in Havana, I took a little risk Send lawyers, guns and money Dad, get me out of this —Warren Zevon, Lawyers, Guns, and Money ...
-
Abraham Lincoln once said that "If you're a racist, I will attack you with the North," and these are the principles I carry wi...
-
Re-posted with Oscar night open thread in comments below! Good news and bad. Our associates from the Storyboard blog have brought over three...
No comments:
Post a Comment